What are the limitations of using WhatsApp Business APIs?
WhatsApp Business API unlocks a wide range of possibilities for businesses.
However, there are some limitations on WhatsApp Business APIs that you should be aware of.
Limitations of WhatsApp Business APIs:
- If onboarded with WhatsApp Business API solution provider, the previous chats cannot be seen
- If onboarded with WhatsApp Business API solution provider, the number cannot be used on any other WhatsApp apps - including the WhatsApp & WhatsApp Business mobile app.
- Businesses can send messages to customers only after a customer initiates a message. These messages are called session messages and can be sent by businesses to customers only within 24 hours of the customer sending a message
- After 24 hours, the session expires and businesses can only send 'template messages' to their users. Template messages must be pre-approved by WhatsApp
- All template messages must adhere to WhatsApp Commerce Policies
- WhatsApp Group Feature is not supported
- WhatsApp Voice or Video Calls are not supported. Voice notes are supported.
- WhatsApp Message Forwarding Feature is not supported
- WhatsApp apps cannot be used with the same number if using WhatsApp Business APIs
- Please also remember that a number once onboarded with WhatsApp APIs cannot be used on WhatsApp app again